PART-TIME KITCHEN + EVENTS ASSISTANT:
We’re seeking a flexible and reliable self-starter to join our donut fam! If you’re interested in baking for a small, startup bakery and helping us grow - this is the gig for you.
BITE is a mini donut business owned and operated by two cousins, B + Sam. We started in 2019 doing huge catering gigs for companies like Google, Youtube, the NBA, and custom orders for Broadway shows and movie sets. After expanding our delivery program in 2020, we now offer catering, delivery, and popups/events throughout NYC. We’re printing custom boxes and will be developing our shipments outside of the city soon. It’s an exciting time to join a little donut business with big dreams on the ground floor!
Reporting to and working closely with our owners, you’ll be our right-hand and an integral part of our growth and expansion.
80% Kitchen Assistant - Assist us as we make mini donuts! You’ll learn our recipes, how to press our Bites perfectly, the decoration process, packing, and quality control. You’ll assist with prep-work, inventory management, and cleaning.
20% Events Assistant - Help us load Bites for orders, set up pop-ups, and sell directly to customers! We’ll trust you to handle the register, break down booths, and provide reports.
- Flexible schedule, with irregular hours - including early mornings, weekends, and some holiday availability
- Must lift and carry up to 50 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Handle food and hot beverages or fluids
- Requires frequent reaching, bending, pushing, and pulling. Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time or the entire shift.
- Have basic baking knowledge, and enthusiasm to learn more
- Must have a high level of coordination, dexterity, and attention to detail for donut decorating
- Must be NYC food safe certified or have the ability to become certified within 1 month.
- Basic math skills required for measuring, inventory, and POS management.
- Ability to pass background check and provide 1-2 personal or professional references
- $15/hour with room for growth in a growing company
- Free mini donuts!
- Based out of Brooklyn, with paid subway (and admission) to events you’ll work at throughout NYC. Some possible kitchen work in Long Island City.
- A totally unique and customer-focused work environment! We want someone with passion and personality to jive with us. We’re small, scrappy, and family-run
- Equal opportunity employer. Queer-owned. LGBTQIA+ and BIPOC+ strongly encouraged to apply.
- Send introduction and resume to email@example.com :)